Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Talking about Fears

Today's challenge is to share fears or phobia. I have many fears. 

I am afraid of earthworms. I tend to shriek sometimes when I see one. It is irrational but I think that the creature would bite me and suck my blood. 

I am also afraid when there is a commotion of people. One time, I was inside the train of MRT, then there were ladies shouting and running on the platform of Buendia station. I was nervous at that time. I thought some accident happened. I did not know what to do if everyone would run. I was thinking of a possible stampede. Fortunately, those ladies were just trying to get on the train and they were shouting because they might not be able to make it. Trains opens their door I think for only sixty seconds.

I am also afraid of committing mistakes. But this is a fear that I am trying to overcome because it is a hinder for growth. I am happy that I am aware now that it is alright to commit mistakes. But since this is a fear that I have for almost all my life, it is a struggle to conquer it. I am still feeling low whenever I commit error. It is normal to feel sad but I find it difficult to move on immediately. I have to convince myself that it is OK. What I am doing to fight the negative thoughts after a mistake is I recite my mantras. If not enough, I write it in my journal so that I can see it in a third party perspective when I read it. I also pray to get the blessing from God so that I can move on.

I have other fears but for now, those are the major ones. Fear is a normal feeling. It is created so that we can be warn about possible danger. However, if our fear is already blocking our way towards success, then we must help ourselves. We must take action to overcome it. 

Fear is a mindset. Therefore, the battle is in our mind. Any fear that we have, we can conquer. The answer has been provided in the Bible. Love conquers fear. God is love. So God conquers our fears.






No comments:

Post a Comment