Friday, September 7, 2018

Beautiful Mind

Listening to audio book of As a Man Thinketh, I recently realized that indeed man's mind is powerful and beautiful. It is powerful because whatever man feeds his mind, that will result in how he will live his life. It will affect his actions and feelings. 

I am amazed at the idea that it is like a garden. If it is like a garden, then it must be beautiful. But of course, garden needs to be maintained well. Weeds would attack the plants. So the gardener needs to make sure that weeds will be plucked so that the plants will stay healthy and the garden beautiful. I realized that everyday I must always maintain my mind to stay healthy and beautiful. It is normal that I can hear or feel negativity from my environment. However, if I am mentally strong, no negativity will bring me down. 

I hope that I can keep the habit of being mindful to weeds that enters my mind. Most of the time, those things that makes me sad are ideas injected to me by people who might intentionally want to discourage me. Or they might not really intentional in saying negative things to me but I have to be mindful and careful in accepting ideas. I have to be wise in accepting ideas because if I will let weeds enter my mind, then I will most likely feel bad. 

Our mind is powerful and beautiful so we must also take very good care of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment