Tuesday, January 6, 2015

365 Days of Blogging Challenge (Day 6: Collection)

Today, I am going to share to you my collection. Like what I have mentioned yesterday, I love collecting books. Here are some of my them:




I can't take a picture of the other books because I left it in my uncle's house. It is like my second home so I kept some of my items there. I also lent some of my books to friends and have forgotten to get them. One of the books that has not been returned to me is Rich Dad Poor Dad. I was so passionate in sharing Robert Kiyosaki's book so I lent it to Marj, my colleague in 2009 and in exchange she also let me borrowed her book about Astrology. We lost connection after I resigned and until now I don't have her contact information. But that is fine with me. As long as she gets the wisdom from that book, I am satisfied. I can just buy a new copy once I have a better place to become my library. 


These books have helped me change my perspective.One example is the book of Bo Sanchez with the title "My Maid Invest in Stock Market." Because of this book, I am now familiar with the basic of the stock market. I also started investing even for a small amount. Filipinos can start investing with a five thousand pesos. I am just not sure if non-Filipinos can also use the stock broker service if COL Financial. But for sure there are also good brokers in other countries allowing investors to start with a small capital. Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki is also one of the unforgettable books. This book made me realize that it is OK to commit mistake. I was so afraid before to commit mistake and made an excuse to myself that I am just perfectionist. But reading Kiyosaki's book taught me to change my mindset from being poor to rich. I am not rich yet, but he convinced me that I have to start first with my mind that I desire to become wealthy.  

What I want to say with this blog is that collecting books is a good way of collecting great thoughts or ideas of successful people. If we want to be successful, we have to consult those who have achieve it. Books are good investments. You can always consult it. Price of a great book is worth it. If you will consult its authors for a one on one meeting, though it is also worth it, it will be more expensive. 

I cannot think of any details now. I will just edit this blog if I have some additional insights. So that's it for today. I hope you also collect books and read them.

Thank you for your time and have a blessed day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment